What Can A Matching Gift Do?

Can your employer match your donation?

A matching gift from your employer can help your favorite fundraiser reach their goal quickly. 

If you don’t know if your employer has a matching gift program, ask the human resources or community relations department at your company. They can let you know the company’s policy on matching charitable donations of employees and what needs to be done to ensure your gift is matched. Some companies even match gifts by retirees and/or spouses, so be sure to ask that, as well.


If your company matches employee donations, you may be required to complete a paper or online form and submit it to your employer so that they can verify your donation has been made to United Way of Greater New Haven. You'll need to supply basic contact information and our Federal Tax ID# or EIN which is 06-0646761. Your employer then notifies United Way of Greater New Haven directly to confirm your donation. You don’t need to do anything else.

Any matching gift paperwork that needs to be mailed to United Way of Greater New Haven should be sent to the address below.

United Way of Greater New Haven
Attn: Michael Zuber - OTE
370 James Street, Suite 403
New Haven, CT 06513

Contact Phone: 203-691-4229